Global Reusable Packaging Services Director
Softbox Systems is an award-winning temperature control-packaging innovator that has been designing and producing high performance passive temperature control packaging systems for over 20 years. We offer consistent quality to our clients from our strategically located global manufacturing sites throughout EMEA, Americas, India and Asia Pacific.
We have formed long standing partnerships with the world’s leading biotech, pharmaceutical, clinical research and logistics companies, and apply innovative thinking to overcome the challenges that our clients face in managing the Cold Chain when shipping temperature sensitive commercial and clinical trial products.
Location: Long Crendon, UK
As part of the fight against Covid, in partnership with our key clients, Softbox has developed and implemented one of the world’s largest fleets of reusable temperature-controlled packaging solutions and established two world class service centres to support the refurbishment and reuse of Ultra Low Temperature (ULT) Shippers.
The Global Reusable Packaging Services Director will be responsible for the further development of Softbox’s reusable packaging strategy, management of existing programs, both customer owned fleets of shippers and Softbox’s own range of solutions offered to clients on a rental basis, and to further develop services offered under the Softbox Exchange brand, working closely with Sales, Technical and Operations departments globally to establish efficient and effective reusable solutions and associated services.
Reusable packaging solutions are becoming more widely used with the Cold Chain, the key objective of this role is to ensure that Softbox creates world class products and services within the reuse sector of the cold chain market.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for Reusable Packaging Solutions and Services.
- Ownership and responsibility for the Company’s fleet of ULT Shippers.
- Ownership and responsibility for Company’s reusable packaging range and associated services.
- Provide executive leadership for Fleet Management programs including :
Asset tracking system and database management
- Stock control and fleet maintenance
- Demand planning and forecasting
- Refurbishment and replacement
Management of existing Service Centres, both internal and 3rd party partner facilities, and establishment of new services centres to support continued growth and development of the Global Service network.
- Management of Service Partners – performance, KPIs, SLAs, efficiency, service costs
- Development of Service network with additional Service Partners and Distributors
- Service Centre commercial contracts and service level agreements
- Quality & Technical support associated with product and service performance, at service centres and onsite at customer packing locations.
Management of the Company’s Reusable Packaging department and associated teams.
- P&L responsibility for all Reusable Packaging Services
- Commercial responsibility for Reusable Packaging solutions and services
- Rental models
- Cost benefit analysis / ROI models to support sales activity
- Product and service pricing
- Costing systems
- Product life cycles
Client liaison and Customer Services
- Leadership for Client liaison team to support Fleet Management, planning, forecasting and information exchange.
- Day to day customer engagement with across all relevant departments i.e. Distribution Centres, Procurement and Planning, Quality etc.
- Needs assessment with clients – supporting the sales process
- ROI calculations for clients
- Environmental impact assessment
Project Management of new fleets, customers and locations.
- Change control management for implementation of product and / or service updates / improvements.
- Work closely with Sales, Technical and Operations departments on continuous improvement initiatives, future product developments, product and service qualification strategies, geographic expansion of service network, service capability developments including additional valued added service i.e. component conditioning services.
- Lead Sustainability and Environmental Impact assessments associated with reusable packaging solutions and services. Develop tools and messaging to support customer engagement.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Competitive salary plus performance and company bonus scheme
To apply and for more information, please contact Rebecca Herreros — email@example.com